2 Tbsp oil
2 medium potato, cubed
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
500 g beef (brisket), cut into chunks
500 ml water, or more
3 pcs. bay leaves
2-3 Tbsp tomato paste
2-3 Tbsp liver spread
1 chili pepper or ⅛ tsp chili flakes (or more depending on one’s taste)
1 cup green/red bell pepper, cut into squares
1 cup green peas
⅛ cup grated cheese
salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a pot or deep pan, add the potatoes and carrots and cook until edges are slightly browned. Remove potatoes and carrots from oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic and onion until limp. Add the beef chunks and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add water and bay leaves and bring to boil. Once it boils, turn down the heat to low and cover with lid. Let it cook for 50-60 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed.
- Once meat is tender and water is reduced by half, add the tomato paste, chili and liver spread and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add back the cooked potatoes and carrots and the rest of vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes. Lastly, add the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Bebs left her beloved Philippines to be with the love of her life and now lives in Germany. A career-woman-turned-full-time-housewife-and-blogger, she loves to share her adventures/misadventures in her kitchen thru recipes, her love for gardening and DIYs, and their travels together on her blog, the FoxyFolksy.com