The Lobby of the Peninsula Manila through the years has been witness to grand occasions, great dishes and momentous event. It’s been part of the history of many people, may it be good or bad. Who would ever forget the Manila Peninsula Siege right? But all through those years The Lobby stood the test of time and has always been resilient in providing us great dishes that we could feast on.
Our team has been fortunate enough to try not one and not only two but ten great dishes of The Lobby. Come on and dig in!
- Farmer’s Field Salad – made of shaved vegetables, toasted nuts, farmers cheese and local native honey vinaigrette. If you’re on a diet but can’t take bland food then this one’s definitely for you.
2. Angus Beef Rib Eye Steak Frites – served with Maître D’hôtel Butter, and Truffle Parmesan Fries. This meaty treat is perfect for those that doesn’t only have a meaty appetite but is also longing to satisfy their protein cravings. Every slice of this dish is worth every calorie.
3. Oven – Baked Atlantic Salmon – served with Basil Quinoa, peas, tomato-vierge. This one’s for the fish lover or not. Their Salmon dish is to die for. With its tender meat and smokey taste, we wouldn’t be surprise if you keep this dish only for yourself.
4. Roasted Turkey Club Sandwich – made of fried egg, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, Dijon Aioli, and served with crunchy Fries. Perfect light meal or merienda, either way, it’s one of the most fulfilling club sandwich we ever had.
5. Pen Beef Burger – made of Gorgonzola Blue Cheese, onion and Bacon Marmalade, and served with Fries. This western dish truly deserve to have the hotel’s name on it as it clearly gives you the the taste of Manila Pen. Lean and tender meat and so undeniably delicious in every bite.
6. Braised Beef Short Rib Kare Kare – made of Banana Heart, Pak Choi, Peanut, Shrimp Paste. This classic and all time favorite Filipino dish is one of their best sellers for the simple fact that it gives you the taste of tradition with its classic taste and ingredients.
7. Bistek Tagalog – made of Beef Tenderloin Medallions, Onion, Soy-Calamansi. We literally devour this dish in less than 5 minutes, I must say. Not only did we missed our mom’s home cooking upon tasting this but it also brought our taste buds that old and yet refreshing taste of the Bistek Tagalog. Wanna know what we’re talking about? Try it at the Peninsula Manila now!
8. Peninsula Cheesecake – made of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and Fresh Berries. We love how thick the cheese on this one and yet it’s not one of those type that you’re done with just one bite. On the contrary, it’s the type of cheesecake that you keep on wanting for more.
9. Banana Turon – made of Caramel Sauce and Langka Ice Cream. The Langka on this crunchy Turon is such a killer. Dip it into the caramel sauce and your taste buds are totally in heaven.
10. Decadent Chocolate Cake – made of Rich Moist Cake and Carabao Milk Ice Cream. The glittery edible gold on top sure does make it appealing. But take a bite into this chocolate cake and you’ll totally forget about your diet.
Address: The Peninsula Manila, Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, 1226 Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Contact Number: +63 (2) 887-2888, 812-3456, or 810-3456, extension 6762
Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours daily
Seating Capacity: 225 seats
Have you been to The Lobby yet? Tell us your favorite dish below and why.