If you have been to Europe, experienced their culture and food, you would understand why most people would certainly want to go back. But not many people can afford travelling to this continent for the second time because of the huge amount of money to be spent on airfares, accommodation, transportation and most certainly food.
Thanks to this great couple (Val & Mark) who wanted to share and impart their foodie adventures from Europe to everyone, we can now just travel a few kilometers and experience European food at its finest. What started out as a passion project inspired by their honeymooon is now a full serviced restaurant offering great food and unique desserts, accentuated by classy vibe and cozy ambiance.
So without further ado, here are the nine great dishes and pastries to devour at the Vanderlust Bistro now.
1. Gambas al Ajillo – it’s the favorite classic prawns swimming in spicy garlic olive oil. We won’t judge if one serving will not be enough.
2. Catalan Baked Fish with Potatoes and Asparagus – the favorite dish of Chef Sandy Daza. Baked white fish with herb crust served with olives, sautéed potatoes, asparagaus and roasted tomatoes.
3. Bistecca alla Fiorentina – pepper crusted USDA Porterhouse Steak served with Potato wedges and Buttered Vegetables, perfect for sharing with a friend or two. But if you’re a big meat eater then this one is definitely for you.
4. Eggplant Caponata Bruschetta – a Sicilian eggplant dish topped on melted layered onto toasted baguettes. A perfect pika pika or light meal for those on a diet.
5. Cacio E Pepe Mushroom Truffle Pasta – Cacio E Pepe which means cheese and pepper, served with mushrooms and truffles. A delectable pasta that is worth the additional calories.
6. Schweinekotelett with Mustard Cream Sauce (German Pork Chop) – one of their best sellers and approximately 300 grams of pork chop with creamy mustard sauce, German fermented cabbage and mashed potato plus the crispy pork skin cooked to crackling perfection from that Schweinshaxe inspiration.
7. Pesto di Aglio – Al dente pasta with Liguarian (a small region in Northern Italy) inspired pesto sauce that combines nuts, garlic and basil
8. German Schneballen – comes in Peanut Butter, Calamansi, Strawberries and Cream, Hazelnut Kiss, Mocha Tiramisu and Cookies and Cream. This German Pastry offers a unique twist on your typical pastry.
9. Churros – with Premium and Signature flavors, this famous delectable pastry is simply something you can’t resist.
Address: 100 Scout De Guia Corner Tomas Morato Avenue, Tomas Morato, Quezon City
Contact Number: 02 2469069
Hours of Operation: Sundays to Thursdays, 11AM -11PM, Fridays to Saturdays, 11AM to 1AM