Last Sunday, I was lucky enough to represent What To Eat PH at Food Magazine’s 3rd leg of Food Tasting held at SM North Edsa The Block. It was produced by ABSCBN’s Food Magazine and its focused is on the theme “Clean Eating” since it was said to be the new trend.
The event was attended by different culinary personalities like;
- Chef Jethro Bueno of Tamarind: Taste of Thai, who shared his recipe for “Sok Lek Tuna” – Tuna Ceviche over hard pastry, it is also known as “Kilawin” in Thai.
- For more Thai dish by Chef Jethro, visit Tamarind: Taste of Thai at SM North EDSA 1st floor. They’re open Monday to Sunday from 10:00am to 10:00pm.
2. Chef Philip Andrew Ubias of Barkada who shared his Baked Salmon recipe with just 5 easy steps and his Shrimp Pomelo Salad dish.
3. Chef Katherine Jao, a food stylist, a recipe developer for Food Magazine and also the founder of pepper.ph demonstrated her Indian-inspired dessert; Rose Falooda and her Pares Hot Pot with Sotanghon.
- Get to know more about Chef Katherine Jao: http://www.katherinejao.com 😊
4. Last but not the least, Chef Claude Tayag, a culinary expert who demonstrated a well-known dish for Pampangenos’; Bringhe – a Spanish version of Paella which uses Milk Fish as the main ingredient.
- Make sure to catch Chef Claude Tayag on his “Chasing Flavors” show on Lifestyle TV as he shares his favorite local dishes.
As mentioned, the theme of the Food Tasting was to share on how to cook food using ingredients as close to being healthy and with just a few ingredients and easy to follow procedure.
Aside from the chance of being able to taste each dish cooked, some lucky audience were also able to bring home prizes from Sapporo, Petron and other sponsors which also made the event even more exciting. ☺
I was able to bring home this giveaway from ABSCBN Publishing, it includes a complimentary copy of Food Magazine and Sapporo Long Kow Vermicelli. Thank you again, Justin Irons of Corporate Communications for the invite. Until next time!
Watch out for the next Food Tasting event! Make sure to follow them on their Facebook Page and Instagram Account.
For more stories about food and travel visit: htps://rainbowanders.blog