6. Potatoes also contain a variety of phytonutrients that have antioxidant
activity. Among these important health-promoting compounds are
carotenoids, flavonoids, and caffeic acid, as well as unique tuber
storage proteins, such as patatin, which exhibit activity against free
7. Potatoes are a good source of fiber. One medium potato with skin contributes 2 grams of fiber of 8% of the daily value per serving.
Dietary fiber is a complex carbohydrate and is the part of the plant material that cannot be digested and absorbed in the bloodstream. Soluble fiber may help with weight loss as it makes you feel full longer, and research has shown it also may help lower blood cholesterol
8. Potatoes are a good source of vitamin B6 with one medium potato providing 10% of the recommended daily value.
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that plays important roles in carbohydrate and protein metabolism. It helps the body make nonessential amino acids needed to make various body proteins; it is a cofactor for several co-enzymes involved in energy metabolism; and is required for the synthesis of hemoglobin – an essential component of red blood cells.
9. One medium potato provides 6% of the recommended daily value of iron.
10. A good source of potassium (more than a banana),One medium potato with skin provides 620 milligrams or 18% of the recommended daily value (DV) of potassium per serving and is considered one of the best foods with potassium. Potatoes rank highest for foods with potassium and are among the top 20 most frequently consumed raw vegetables and fruits.
Potassium is a mineral that is part of everybody cell. It helps regulate fluids and mineral balance in and out of cells and in doing so, helps maintain normal blood pressure. Potassium is also vital for transmitting nerve impulses or signals, and in helping muscles contract.
Potassium is a powerful dietary factor that may help lower blood pressure.
To know more about this great product, you may click on the link below: https://www.facebook.com/PotatoesUSAPhilippines/